Welcome to your Elements of Shipboard Safety Firefighting Assessment Online
Student Assessment Instructions
1. This is a closed book Assessment.
2. The video link between the student and the supervisor is to remain on throughout the assessment.
3. All notes, books and mobile phones are to be removed from the table.
4. Mobile phones are to be turned off and not used during the assessment.
5. Students should read each question carefully before answering.
6. All questions are to be answered.
7. No communication is permitted other than with the Assessment Supervisor.
8. No student may leave the room for the duration of the Assessment.
9. When instructed you may commence the Assessment.
10. To pass, you must obtain a 60% or higher mark.
1. To extinguish an electrical fire in a vessel the most appropriate extinguisher to use is:
2. On a cabin cruiser the most appropriate fire extinguisher to install near a LPG stove would be:
3. There are four elements required to sustain a fire on a vessel and they are:
4. What is likely to be the effect of using water on an oil-based fire:
5. What is likely to be the result of using water on an electrical fire:
6. The following protective clothing should be worn when fighting fires:
7. Why is it important to have fire extinguishers on your vessel checked and inspected regularly:
8. What extinguisher would be best to use for a fire in the galley:
9. Rough weather may cause dry powder extinguishers to malfunction due to:
10. A fire develops in the engine room of your vessel, you should:
11. Why would all electric circuits be isolated at the master switch and the 240 volt generator shut down in the event of an LPG leak on board your vessel:
12. Boundary cooling refers to:
13. Which extinguisher type would you use on a switchboard fire:
14. To extinguish a fire you should:
15. You see smoke coming from a forward compartment. What is the first action you should take:
16. On a commercial vessel, fire extinguishers are required to be serviced every:
17. Fire on board signal is:
18. Battery charging compartments are required to be well ventilated in order to:
19. How may fire pump pressure be checked:
20. Which document held on board details firefighting procedures for that vessel:
21. A foam extinguisher is suitable for:
22. In the event of an engine room fire passengers should be mustered:
23. Which extinguishing should not be used on flammable liquid fires:
24. Petrol fuel vapours are:
25. Petrol will burn below freezing:
26. Diesel fuel vapours are:
27. Hydrogen gas is:
28. Fire drills are to be conducted at intervals of:
29. Synthetic clothing is most suitable for firefighting:
30. After activating the fixed fire extinguishing system for a fire in the engine room the hatch may be opened:
31. In which document will details of a fire on board be recorded:
32. Boundary starvation refers to:
33. To be operational the pointer on the gauge of a Dry Chemical Powder extinguisher shall be in the:
If you have any questions about our courses please send us a message or contact us.
Ph: 03 5229 5432 M: 0493 139 624
Address: 17 Swanston Street, Geelong Vic 3220